|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
The role of the Project Engineer is to provide engineering expertise with the overall design phase and installation of all Operational Control Systems on Major Rail Infrastructure Projects.
- Lead the design and selection of equipment to suit the contract requirements, as outlined by the Design Team.
- Adhere to the established Management of Change process from the relevant Rail Transport Operators (RTO).
- Prepare, register and revise all company related inspection and test documents as directed by the Senior Project Engineer/Design Engineer.
- Review and monitor, with Project Manager, design timeframes as shown on design program.
- Tertiary Engineer Qualified.
- Engineering Design Fundamentals (drawing review, change management)
- Minimum 5 years industry experience (Experienced gained in the Rail, Automotive, Defence, Avionics or any other safety critical environment).
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.