South32 is a new kind of resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference from the ground up. We are a globally diversified metals and mining company with a portfolio of high quality, well maintained, cash generative assets.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s South West.
This role will be based at our Boddington Bauxite Mine, which is located approximately 130km south east of Perth within the Peel region of Western Australia. Surrounded by jarrah forests, productive farmland and within 1 hour’s drive of the Perth metropolitan area, this is an opportunity too good to miss.
About the role
Reporting to the Lead Scheduler, the purpose of the role is to provide expertise, coordination and management in the development and communication of all short and medium term (up to two years) plans, schedules and forecasts for the operations to enable the effective completion of production, development and rehabilitation activities. The Scheduling process must take into account all HSEC requirements to ensure safe, cost effective and continuous production that meets all quality considerations.
- Develop the 2-year budget plan by extending out to a 5 year look ahead and ensuring alignment with the Life of Operations Plan.
- Develop the production schedule to extract maximum value from the resource whilst incorporating operational input.
- Develop plans that achieve and maintain predictable and stable levels of planning and operational performance.
- Liaise with other departments to develop the mine production budget.
- Align the production schedule with the Maintenance Work Management schedules.
- Develop production plans (Rolling 3 Month Plan), schedules and forecasts as per requirements.
- Communicate to the Lead Scheduling material changes to the short-term production plan.
- Develop and follow Production Planning standards and processes.
- Participate in the investigation of reported events for Production Planning.
- Identify and implement Production Planning improvement initiatives.
- Lead a culture of improvement and safety, volume and cost focus within the Scheduling group.
- Coach and mentor employees in the deliverables of the Scheduling group.
- Demonstrated Business Acumen
- Proven ability to solve problems and deal with ambiguity
- Extensive experience in mine design, planning and scheduling surface mining operations
- Highly competent in using XPAC and XACT software, and preferably experience using Vulcan software (or similar).
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 6 years’ experience working in a technical role in mining sector
- Proven capability to operate in a complex environment, leading and facilitating diverse teams.
- Ability to stimulate others through depth of knowledge, influence others as idea leaders and building strong network both within the business
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering
- Competitive Salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.