The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Disputes Legal Counsel to join the Disputes and Employment team in the General Counsel’s Office. This in-house legal role is offered on a permanent full-time basis based in Sydney.
Your key responsibilities
- Managing and advising on a range of disputes and litigated matters
- Managing contentious investigations and enquiries by Australian regulators
- Briefing and instructing external solicitors, barristers and internal and external experts
- Attending mediations and settlement conferences
- Instructing and assisting in preparation for hearings
- Liaising with and reporting to a wide variety of stakeholders including EY’s executive, global GCO colleagues and insurers
- Responding to and advising on orders for document production
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Ability to provide strategic commercial advice to a range of stakeholders within the Firm
- Highly developed communication, negotiation and drafting skills
- Experience in managing large scale commercial disputes
- Creative thinker and pragmatic problem solver
- Ability to work autonomously as well as make a valuable contribution as part of a team
Ideally, you’ll also have
- At least 4 years post admission experience gained in a top or mid-tier firm and/or in-house experience
- Experience in professional negligence
- A flexible, proactive approach and a positive outlook