|Location:||Melbourne, Yarra Glen|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral has an opportunity for a self-motivated and highly organised Weighbridge Operator to join the Coldstream Quarry team on a permanent basis. The purpose of the role is to provide site support including administration, order processing and allocations, weighbridge operation, purchasing and when needed, water cart and dump truck operations.
In this varied position, you will work with a small team who support each other, and you will receive training from a long standing team member who will show you the ropes.
The working week covers Monday to Friday plus Saturdays pending site requirements and requires an early start of 6.30am.
- Weighbridge operation including the ticketing of incoming and outgoing trucks
- Manage reception at the quarry office including meet and greet, site inductions, couriers and mail handling
- Allocations of trucks, product and customer orders
- Raising purchase orders, work orders, compiling spreadsheets and reports
- Purchasing, invoicing and maintenance of all purchasing records including invoicing and order tracking
- Receive and inspect raw material deliveries
- Handle COD sales, prepare and process dockets
What are we looking for?
- Strong administration experience
- Previous experience in weighbridge role preferred, however, not essential
- Experience operating water carts and dump trucks
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to safety and quality
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team with minimal supervision
- Advanced computer skills along with well-developed organisational skills
Why join the Boral team?
- Opportunity to work in a busy, successful team with a long term career path
- Training with genuine career development opportunities
- Perm role
- Organisation that is dedicated to the health and safety of employees
Boral is an international building and construction materials group, with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. With more than A$4.4 billion worth of annualised sales, Boral has around 12,000 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites including joint ventures. Boral produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials, including quarry products, cement, fly ash, pre-mix concrete and asphalt; and building products, including clay bricks and pavers, clay and concrete roof tiles, concrete masonry products, plasterboard and timber. Boral primarily serves customers in the building and construction industries with operations concentrated in three key geographical markets - Australia, the USA and Asia.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.