|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.In this newly created role at BHP you will operate in the integrated Engineering Information Management (EIM) environment here in our Perth office. The main driver of this role is to make it easier for our people to create, handover, view and maintain engineering information through the life of the asset through BHP standards and processes that are; simple, user friendly and sustainable.
You will play a key part in meeting BHP strategic goals towards simplification, manufacturing mindset, productivity and systemic solutions through the practical use of technology in hand leading to increased safety and cost benefits.
About the role
- Develops and maintains BHP’s global Class Library and Engineering Reference Data.
- Assist to develop effective and efficient processes to maintain BHP’s global Class Library and Engineering Reference Data.
- Work with key internal and external stakeholders to continuously improve our EIM data repositories and processes to make it as effective, efficient and sustainable as possible.
- Provides guidance and clarifications to user on how to apply the standards and use our engineering data repositories.
- Maintain and support the key applications and associated libraries to manage engineering information e.g. SmartPlant Foundation, SmartPlant Reference Data.
- Solid experience in managing complex databases for engineering information using the SmartPlant suite of tools or those of Aveva or Bentley.
- Deep knowledge of managing engineering information, materials and items in the heavy industry for an Owner Operator or for a big EPC company.
- Engineering design experience, especially using current leading 3D and data centric software.
- High degree of business acumen, with a deep understanding of the operating model and interaction between the processes, systems and people of Projects, Engineering and Operations.
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, drafting, computer science, information management systems or equivalent.
- Capital project and operational experience managing engineering data and information through the lifecycle.
- Certification and experience in an industry recognized improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number – 64633
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia