Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
At NSM, we embrace a culture that fosters corporate diversity and workplace innovation with a strong focus on safety. Where possible, we enjoy flexible working arrangements, helping us find the right balance between our lives at work and at home. Safety is paramount in our industry, and we are committed to protecting the safety of our people, clients, supply chain and our communities. We also recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. We are committed to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience, develop professionally and work on exciting diverse projects.
About the role
Based in Henderson and working within the ship building industry, the Project Manager - Maintenance or Production Manager is responsible for the execution of maintenance activities within a safe and timely manner. This full time permanent position would suit a confident Project Manager with operational expereince in maintaining client relationships, leading a multidisciplinary team and ensuring quality project delivery.
Accountabilities will include but not limited to:
- Lead and manage mutiple projects with the support of the production team
- Develop and maintain good relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Exercise financial control of projects, within delegated authority, to provide accurate cost forecasts and project delivery within agreed budgets.
- Provide project impact assessments for proposed changes to approved project scope.
- Manage the Key Date Schedule (KDS) and engage stakeholders to ensure the successful planning and execution of the EMP.
- Responsible for Project Health reports as required to internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to a “Safety First” culture through demonstrating “felt leadership” and participation in HSE initiatives
- Formal project management qualification or ability to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead complex projects
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills
- Well-developed financial and commercial acumen
- Proven ability to make robust judgements coupled with superior problem-solving skills
- Ability to motivate and mentor in order to meet customer expectations
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- Technical knowledge of warship major platform systems
- Wide range of experience, knowledge and networking in the Defence Industry
- Previous experience delivering sustainment activities within the defence environment
Essential Compliance Requirements
- Eligible for access to International Traffic in Arms Regulated (ITAR) data
- Construction Induction Card (White Card)