Applications will open Monday 22nd February 2021 and close Tuesday 6th April 2021. Please note this role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship. Thank you for your patience while we consider your application.
This program is designed to provide exposure to the technology industry for students who are historically under-represented in this field. Current students majoring in information systems, information technology, applied networking, system administration, and other majors with applicable experience are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have a right to work in Australia as Google is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related technical field of study.
- Currently in your penultimate year of study
- Experience in troubleshooting applications in one or more of the following networked environments: Linux, Mac, Windows.
- Demonstrated understanding of LAN/WAN environments.
- Ability to configure, upgrade and relocate PC hardware, software and print devices.
About the job
Technical support for a technology company is a big task. As a member of our Information Technology team, you'll be the go-to person for Googlers' computer hardware and software needs, providing front-line user support for all of Google's internal tools and technologies. You'll troubleshoot, respond to enquiries, and find solutions to technical challenges. Beyond the day-to-day, you'll improve user experience for Googlers by contributing to longer term projects and documentation efforts.
You'll problem solve with multiple operating systems (e.g., OS X, Linux, Windows, etc.) and a range of devices (e.g., desktops/laptops, phone systems, video conferencing and various wireless devices, etc.). Additionally, you'll occasionally partner with various teams including Security, Networking and Infrastructure. You will be a fast learner and great communicator, and will effectively support the IT needs of global offices of all sizes and Googlers of varying technical backgrounds.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Complete a technical project with a team of Googlers and other interns.
- Attend training sessions to build your professional skills and to help set you up for success.
- Provide support for desktops/laptops, and user access to corporate network and applications, both on the network as well as through remote VPN access.
- Provide support for services such as office phones, mobile devices, video conferencing and remote access.
- Provide basic corporate network infrastructure and server support.