Applications will open Monday 22nd February 2021 and close Tuesday 6th April 2021. Please note this role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship. Thank you for your patience while we consider your application.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Currently in your penultimate year of study
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux and APIs.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
About the job
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will work on our core products and services as well as those which support critical functions of our engineering operations. Intern projects depend on your background and experience.
Using your foundation in computer science, you will develop and present new ideas, striving for an understanding of our products to continually improve upon them. We focus on being a collaborative, global organization consisting of engineers with the highest levels of technical depth, programming skills and a keen eye for quality.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google's product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Work-in and support a productive and innovative team. This includes working with peers, managers, and cross-functional teams.