|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
Are you experienced in procurement and relationship management with a strong understanding of contract management? Downer has a new opportunity for a Commercial Manager to oversee and establish a procurement cell within our client’s PMO. The role will work in parallel with the PMO through day-to-day operations and strategic advice.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Establish commercial governance and process;
- Manage the overall workload within the Procurement Cell;
- Provide simple and complex procurement advice up to executive level;
- Produce procurement documentation, including approval documentation and approach to market;
- Coordinate procurement evaluations and produce evaluation documents;
- Produce contract change proposals documentation;
- Manage industry and stakeholder communications during procurements and contract discussions.
The PMO team is established and you will need to be able to integrate and build relationships to manage the establishment of a procurement cell undertaking day to day procurement activities. You will be motivated, hit the ground running, use initiative and be a team player who is about solutions to support capability moving forward to achieve outcomes.
You will need to adapt to changing environments, whilst being the lead commercial advisor with skills in the following areas:
- Federal Government commercial procurement experience;
- Demonstrated ability in delivering simple and complex procurements throughout the entire procurement lifecycle;
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for managing work projects in a fast paced environment to achieve results in a professional and timely manner;
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure with a high attention to detail to meet deadlines;
- Proven ability to work under broad direction with high levels of initiative;
- Ideally you will have completed Defence simple and complex procurement courses.
Eligibility : Due to the nature of the role and client requirements, applicants must be Australian Citizens and hold an active NV1 or higher level Australian Federal Government Security Clearance.
- Competitive salary package
- Access to Downer career development, financial, health and Lifestyle benefits
- Work and lifestyle balance
- Opportunity to work in a diverse and supportive environment