At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
This role is responsible for managing the facilities management contract and associated contracts within WAIO villages. This is a FIFO role from Perth on an 8/6 roster.
In this role you will:
- Monitoring contractors providing services within WAIO Villages in accordance with the requirements of the BHP WAIO Contractor Management Framework
- Review and provide input into the development of Village policies
- Actively participate in the management of Material Risk within WAIO Villages
- Provide proactive administration and management WAIO Village Contractors
- Liase with Contractor to drive continuous improvement of contract service levels
- Apply sound commercial judgement around the application of contractual terms
- Engage with WAIO Village Contractors to develop on-going plans towards the improvement of Village Services
- Engage with residents and stakeholders to understand their needs
- Sound commercial acumen in the management of Village Contractor invoicing
- Carry out regular audits reviewing invoicing against contract price books
- In absence of the Superintendent Village Operations, the Supervisor will be expected to act as the representative for all matters related to the operations at the villages and service contracts
- Work collaboratively within the People Logistics team to contribute towards the development and improvement of WAIO FIFO accommodation strategies
- Demonstrate effective management of HSEC incidents by ensuring that relevant incidents and hazards are identified, reported, investigated and managed
Skills and Other Qualifications
- Tertiary education preferred
- Contractor management experience
- Previous contract management, supply, supervisory experience
- Experience in LEAN/ continuous improvement processes
- Strong commercial & financial acumen
- Stakeholder management experience
- Commercial acumen and contract management experience
- Incident management experience/knowledge
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship building with operational teams
- Ability to function effectively during periods of high workload
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to speak in front of large groups.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft suite of systems and SAP
- Ability to work independently.
- Understanding of Risk Management Processes
- Demonstrated commitment to Healthy Safety Environment Community
- Financial Literacy
- Conflict resolution
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.