|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
This role will lead and perform the Design Manager for the Engineering function for projects and is accountable to the Head of Engineering.
It is responsible for working with the HoE to manages the risk, quality and progress of engineering projects within the Engineering function of UGL to organisational standards, and ensures projects are completed on time, on budget, to quality standards, and within agreed scope.
- To deliver projects and programmes based on agreed priorities for the engineering business, IT Systems and service requirements for UGL delivery projects, recommend appropriate solutions working with internal SMEs and prepare specifications required for those solutions.
- Actively engage with all stakeholders during the course of a project and communicate effectively on project progress and deliverables and work with service areas to ensure they are well received by the recipients of the change and that the project is successfully delivered and identified benefits realised.
- Contribute towards the development of an in-house IT project management and governance framework including standardised project documentation templates.
- To apply the agreed in house project management framework for the project (using relevant project standards- where relevant) in order to ensure that projects are, defined, developed, governed and managed in a consistent manner across the organisation.
- Tertiary degree qualification to Bachelor status in Engineering
- 10 years experience in the industry (in technology or related market verticals);
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally;
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.