|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Quality Infrastructure team is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join the team in Australia. The Azure Quality Infrastructure team reports into the Azure Edge and Platform Office of the CTO. Azure’s customers continually express that solid fundamentals are their highest priority, and the AQI team was formed to address that need. The AQI team facilitates projects that span the entirety of Azure, working directly with senior members of leadership to affect impactful changes on the way the organization thinks about and improves the quality of Azure’s infrastructure and services.
The team is primarily located in Sydney, however remote work is available from any location within Australia
As a Principal Software Engineer on the AQI team, you will have the incredible opportunity to work on business-critical initiatives that directly contribute to the future of Azure’s business. You must be deeply technical and able to ramp up in new areas quickly since your responsibilities will span all areas of Azure’s business as well as all layers of the cloud technology stack.
You will review and contribute to technical design and implementation of solutions to difficult problems within the infrastructure which enables the success of Microsoft's services. This will require working with stakeholders across Azure to define the problem, and to research, design and develop the solution. You will collaborate with teams of developers and program managers throughout the process offering opportunities to learn from and mentor others.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science / Engineering or 8+ years of experience in software development coding an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C#, or C++.
- 3+ years of commercial software engineering technical leadership experience with a track recordof effectively leading product teams.
- Great designand problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence.
- Knowledge and passion for Agile development practices, including continuous integrationand test-driven development.
- 2+ years’ experience developing or operating services or systems within an online cloud service such as Azure, AWS, or
- Experience in designing, building, and trouble-shooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Demonstrable ability to own and deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong leadership, ownership, urgency, and drive to launch services.
- Effective collaboratorexperienced in creating technical partnerships across teams.
- Awareness of, and ability to reason about, modern software & systems architectures, including load-balancing, queueing, caching, distributed systems failure modes, and microservices.
- Experiencerunning large scale cloud systems.
- Abilityto analyze, understand, and solve complex problems by leveraging and extending existing technology.
- Willingness and ability to respectfully challenge the status quo.
- Able to operate in ambiguity and drive clarity through partnerships.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.