|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
We are a part of Emerging Technologies and Incubation Group passionate about identifying breakthrough emerging solutions that build new markets and businesses for Cisco. We incubate these new opportunities in partnership with our business groups and the industry. The team also continues to engage with our customers to help drive new innovate ideas, and concept validation for our existing ventures.
What You'll Do
As a Solutions Architect you will work cross-functionally across Cisco to drive outside-in innovation for the Innovation Labs team. This is a team which transforms the way Cisco engages with the industry by way of ideation, co-design, incubation, and venture products that will be taken to market to make a meaningful difference for Cisco and the industry. Specifically, you will:
- Work closely with customers, startups, and domain specialists to convert ideas into potential venture opportunities
- Drive the co-innovation process with customers and other industry cohorts
- Feed customer requirements back into our SRE, software, and other ET&I teams to provide an exceptional developer and lab experience
Who You'll Work With
The Emerging Technologies and Incubation (ET&I) team is a highly visible group which reports directly to Cisco’s CEO. ET&I focuses on the next wave of innovation by anticipating, investing in, and incubating new technologies and business ventures.
You will be part of the Innovation Labs team in the APJC region, focusing on Australia, to help scout, incubate and develop new solutions, and engage with customers and the broader Innovation Ecosystem in a startup like environment.
Who you are
- BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- You have 5+ years working and delivering results in the areas of Technology, Sales, Business Development, Venture Capital and Innovation
- Industry and Customer-facing experience:
- Confidence and successful track record of charting a path and making decisions with ambiguity and limited information
- High energy and sense of urgency. Self-starter and self-motivated. Thrive in a pressured environment. Exhibit drive and tenacity.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and presentation
- Exceptional stakeholder and change management skills.
- Ability to lead technical project teams, collaborate with various organization partners and mentor team members.
- Curious and a genuine desire for learning new technologies and developing new ideas
- Strong technology strategy skills with specific focus on digital disruption and the impact it is having in the economy.
- Broad technical understanding: Software Development: Languages (Go, Python, Java, C/C++) full stack development in Linux and mobile environments (Android/IOS), evaluation and integration of open source projects
- Cloud native networking, Service Meshes, App networking, Identity and L7 networking, Kubernetes, Docker, containerization
- Knowledge of continuous integration & delivery, release management, test driven development, and lean/agile development methodologies like Scrum/Kanban and DevOps
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!