|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities in operations and major projects. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where all team members feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and join BHP Olympic Dam, a safe, reliable, globally competitive business supported by motivated people. At Olympic Dam, we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love.
We believe leadership drives culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play in safety and success.
Please note we promote flexible working arrangements for this position which is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 5/2 4/3 roster schedule, with residential or FIFO options available.
The purpose of this position is the management, leadership and coordination of activities within a functional section. This includes safety, production, quality, cost control, people, communication, and achievement of department KPI targets. Activities should be coordinated with other sections and across the department in order to create maximum value to Olympic Dam.
In this role you will:
- Support the schedule to extract maximum value from
the resource incorporating data from the Operations and technical
- Assists in creation of 2 year budget, 5 year plans and CAPEX
forecasts for mining infrastructure
- Author Plans of Intent for capital infrastructure projects
- Ensure accurate input data and stakeholder views
are collected to produce an integrated plan.
- Capture any opportunities to apply new or improved
planning systems within the team
- Maintain good communication and working
relationship, through a team-based approach, to ensure business needs are
met with a high quality in a timely and cost efficient manner
- Where appropriate ensure all statutory reporting
requirements are met.
- Participate in any other projects or key tasks as
directed by line manager or delegate.
- 5 - 7
years of demonstrated Project Management skills in delivering integrated
- Mining experience in a technical capacity is
- Able to develop planning strategies, identify,
escalate potential risks and mitigating actions.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to
- Experience in production optimisation and
- Proven ability to influence and mentor others in
HSEC principles and behaviours.
- Ability to operate across disciplines where
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
with minimal direction
- Competency in appropriate mine planning software
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before 20/8/2018
Reference Number –40391242 - Engineer Planning
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team. Think Big!