|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Tool of trade vehicle
- Central location with onsite parking
- Established and successful team
An excellent opportunity has now become available for an experienced Production and Customer Service Leader to join our Boral Concrete business in the ACT. This is a key appointment within our Boral business and you will be responsible for the management of our Concrete production plants and operations across the ACT.
Reporting to the Boral Regional Manager, the Production Leader will oversee the daily concrete operations across the network of plants in the ACT and will also have responsibility for safety, environment, quality and the implementation and monitoring of the Boral production and operational plan. The role will also be responsible for the management and leadership of the production and driver teams, ensuring an excellent level of customer service is maintained at all times across our customer base.
Boral Australia is the largest integrated construction materials and building products manufacturer and supplier across the building and construction markets in Australia. Boral products include cement, aggregates, concrete, asphalt and roofing and our market leading position is underpinned by significant quarry reserves strategically located close to key markets.
As our new Production and Customer Service Leader, you will be joining an established team who are committed to servicing the local market in the ACT. Boral has a very proud history in the ACT and has been supplying and supporting our customers and communities in the region for over 50 years.
This is an exciting opportunity and a great time to join Boral.
Why join the Boral team?
- We provide a supportive work environment with genuine career development opportunities
- You will be joining a highly collaborative and inclusive team
- We are an organisation dedicated to safety, health and the environment
- Develop, implement and monitor strategies for the safe production and delivery of concrete, ensuring a Zero Harm Environment for all employees / contractors and maintain our positive safety behaviour culture whilst driving for continued performance improvements
- Working with Boral's operating procedures, you will have a strong focus on embedding LEAN principles (Boral Production System), whilst achieving and sustaining cost effectiveness
- Apply a customer focused approach to ensure the quality of the products and service provided adheres to the customer’s strict quality specifications while also meeting the desired production program
- Understand the business structure and needs of each customer
- Contribute to the implementation of the Sales & Operational strategy as part of the strategic planning process
- Develop and maintain high quality employee relations in the management and leadership of the production and operations team
- Manage and control expenditure and costs within agreed budget guidelines
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a Production Manager role
- Previous Production Manager experience within the construction materials industry and the concrete sector will be highly regarded
- Proven hands on manager who is capable of leading, managing, and motivating the production teams
- Ability to utilise your initiative and management skills to identify, manage, and solve issues as they arise
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- Experience implementing and managing budget plans including controlling expenditure and costs
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing would be highly regarded
- High levels of resilience and a determination to deliver successful outcomes
- Excellent people management, leadership and mentoring skills
- Strong team player and collaborative working style
- Natural bent and desire to deliver excellent customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills with a natural ability to engage with customers, Construction Managers and Project Managers on site
- Tertiary education in an associated discipline would be well regarded, but not essential
On offer will be the opportunity to work with a construction industry leader that provides genuine career growth opportunities. You will work in a team environment within an organisation dedicated to the safety of its employees. A competitive remuneration package is being offered.
Click to Apply or visit http://careers.boral.com.au
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral has approximately 17,000 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.