Last updated 11 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world through the power of software, and we are looking to hire a highly organised, results-oriented Senior Program Manager for our Cloud Platform team. You will work closely with cross-functional teams throughout Atlassian, driving critical initiatives to build the best collaboration platform out there. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting children born deaf with the ability to hear. Your work will directly impact products used to advance humanity.
You should have experience in agile development methodologies (at scale) and an understanding of the software development cycle, to help ensure that the team follows and iterates on processes. You will have a strong technical background and the ability to evaluate solutions, assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide issue management, make tradeoffs, and help balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
You will draw upon exemplary program / project management, critical thinking, and problem solving skills, with a passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems. You should be open to new challenges, strong at multi-tasking, be creative, self-directed, and a great teammate. You will drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional business and software teams to solve problems and implement new solutions.
In this role you will:
- Interact with Project Sponsors, other Program Managers, and multiple development teams to define and deliver complex features.
- Work with the team to identify and resolve risks and dependencies, including identifying workaround and contingency plan options and be able to discuss the pros, cons, and tradeoffs of each option.
- Gain consensus on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results.
- Provide status updates regularly and in a variety of formats ensuring everyone is aware of progress and road-blockers.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups with multiple priorities.
- Should always be looking for opportunities to improve process, in order to increase team output and team health.
On your first day, we'd expect you to have:
- Experience in scoping, timeline creation, project tracking, risk management, and process improvement. Good at handling expectations about risks, issues, resourcing and timeframes.
- Experience working with product, design, and engineering teams, ideally in a cloud product environment.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable of running multiple priorities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, especially communicating across all levels and cross functional teams.
- You understand the SDLC and PDLC and can partner with teams to deliver high-quality products
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and are able to lead and educate on patterns and agile frameworks to help empower our teams
- Experience working in a high-velocity environment, you thrive in a lean build, test, and learn environment
- Experience working on large scale SaaS programs
- Dependable, organised and highly motivated.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.