|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
Working within the MLC Wealth Corporate Services Pricing, Profitability & Actuarial team, the role of Consultant Actuary is responsible for providing fact-based financial analysis and actionable insights coupled with actuarial advice to support the MLC Wealth strategy, product and pricing initiatives.
In this pivotal and exciting role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Subject matter expert for the actuarial team on expense allocation, cost drivers - setting methodology & approach to deriving expense unit cost assumptions for pricing and forecasting models;
- Delivery of analysis of economics, revenue margins & costs, across Wealth Management value chain such as assessing impact on pricing and profitability, identification of value-add insights;
- Delivery of competitor analysis of revenue margins & costs;
- Co-ordinating annual pricing and profitability reviews across the actuarial team, covering setting of assumptions, profitability analysis and the presentation of results;
- Business case modelling, including assessment relative to target metrics, and presentation of results; and
- Conduct peer reviews of actuarial models, actuarial pricing reports and supporting analyses and results.
To be successful in this role, you will bring demonstrable Actuarial experience in the Financial Services sector, preferably Wealth Management. Your strong technical skills in scoping, planning, and managing projects, as well as data analysis and insights reporting, coupled with your ability to apply actuarial judgement in a critical manner is essential for this role. You will be able to engage and influence across a wide range of stakeholders as well as being an innovative thinker with strong communication skills.
At MLC Wealth, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting our people as you help us build a business and culture that affects positive change for our clients - and for the community too.
If you're ready for the next step, apply today !
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.