|Location:||New South Wales|
Senior Underground Geotechnical Engineer
- Roster: 5:2/4:3
- Extensive Mine Life
- New Underground start-up operation
- Relocation support provided
- Cowal Gold Operation
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values. Cowal Gold Operation is currently an open pit site. An underground Pre-Feasibility Study was recently completed along with the declaration of a maiden underground Ore Reserve. The underground project is now in Feasibility and a second exploration decline has been approved and is scheduled to commence shortly.
This is a rare opportunity to be involved in starting a new underground mine, and use your skills and experience to set up the geotechnical systems, processes and influence the strategic geotechnical direction for the underground operation, whilst being able to go home each night to your family.
Cowal is located 40km North East of West Wyalong in NSW. West Wyalong has many schools, restaurants and sporting teams and is close to several regional centres. Our rosters are designed to help you create a work-life balance and with our recent mine life extension until 2032, it offers increased job security.
About the role
The Senior Underground Geotechnical Engineer role is responsible for providing sound geotechnical risk mitigation and guidance to the mining operations. Key result areas include:
- Assist with input into the Pastefill plant design and pastefill specifications during feasibility stage
- Plan, conduct geotechnical engineering design and analysis related to underground excavations
- Provide cost effective, functional and sound designs, that meet design criteria, ensure safety of personnel and maximise the recovery of the Ore Reserve
- Review and maintenance of the Ground Control Management Plan (GCMP)
- Collaborate with Feasibility Study Team to ensure geotechnical deliverables are achieved
- Work closely with the Operational and Technical Open Pit Mining teams
To be successful you will have a tertiary qualification in mining geotechnical engineering or related discipline, a post graduate degree in Geomechanics would be advantageous. It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Ability to coach mentor, and development direct reports
- Commitment to safety, quality and teamwork
- Previous operation start up experience will be highly regarded
- Previous Pastefill operational experience – commissioning knowledge is an advantage
- Advanced understanding of underground mining
- Advanced user of geotechnical and CAD software packages
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
We thank you for taking the time of submitting your application. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.