|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.The Principal Strategy Development’s role is to give specialist expertise to support the delivery of the business plan by developing business/equipment improvement solutions within the Total Equipment Strategies (TES) Framework which deliver optimal outcomes in safety, productivity and operating cost.
- Identifies Critical Controls in the Total Equipment Strategy (TES) to manage material risks in the workplace as per the Risk Management process.
- Develops Total Equipment Strategy (TES) elements by collaborating with the Operations functions, Supply, Finance and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and other SMEs as required.
- Prepares Total Equipment Strategy elements and their associated documentation through use of appropriate methodologies such as RCM/FMECA, proactive defect elimination and reliability principles, life cycle cost, process and reliability modelling.
- Gives a targeted strategy to the Optimisation team that can be implemented and optimised.
- Includes maintenance principles into the Total Equipment Strategy to enable quality and reliable maintenance execution outcomes.
- Identifies and replicates best provision, operating and maintenance strategies and practices within the Total Equipment Strategy framework to improve performance.
- Makes sure that Total Equipment Strategies are developed with accurate and complete information, documentation and Master Data.
To be successful in this position you will have strong communication and engagement skills, and the ability to create an environment of trust with stakeholders including operational teams, crews and OEMs. Experience in Asset Management which covers the full life-cycle of assets and equipment is essential, along with a track record of leading maintenance strategy development using reliable methodologies. An Engineering related educational background will be highly advantageous in this role.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.