|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
We are looking for an amazing IT Business Analyst to join our team.
As an IT Business Analyst, you will work with the Manager, Survey Operations Business improvement to investigate and describe identified issues, and to describe and coordinate delivery of solutions to those issues. This includes consideration of business needs and objectives, risk management, as well as system and/or process factors, to define and deliver improvements that deliver the most business benefit, aligning with the Survey Operations roadmap.
If you join us on this exciting journey, you’ll love our inclusive values and share our ambition to become the source of truth that helps shape decisions for the liveable world.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
What we are looking for
For this particular role we are seeking someone with the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Engineering, IT or Business related field
- Desirable - IIBA Certification (ECBA, CCBA, or CBAP) or familiarity with BABOK
- Experience in business analysis and gathering technical requirements
- Experience working closely with engineering teams describing requirements and discussing solution options
- Experience working with software developers who are building bespoke software.
- Experience manipulating and analysing large and complex data sets, including numeric, textual and spatial data types
- Experience with mapping, aerial survey, and GIS
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Investigating and documenting specific business issues, objectives and goals in Survey Ops, within the scope of specific initiatives.
- Discovering, prioritizing and managing requirements to address theses issues, within an Agile framework.
- Performing ongoing solution evaluation as changes are implemented, to determine whether the initial goal has been reached or whether further work is required
- Working with Survey Ops and Product to facilitate improvements or solutions as required for product and content delivery (Nearmap Now, 2D & 3D Offline, content quality).
- Working with Finance to improve, monitor and refine financial processes and reporting
- Providing reports for and participate in regular reviews of overall product and process performance
- Contributing content and support for training of regional Sales staff as required
- Providing targeted supporting analysis to specific strategic initiatives.
- Regularly reviewing and updating items on Survey Ops roadmap that have been assigned by Manager, contributing to prioritisation of requirements and solutions based on efficiency, risk and cost savings
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.