Requisition ID: 38023
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch, a full-service consultancy, is currently seeking a highly motivated Port Automation Integration Engineer to join the Digital group in Brisbane.
Digital solutions have become a key component of the strategic direction and vision of today’s modern organisations. Hatch is at the forefront of successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients’ projects and operations that can unlock a step change in their performance.
Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey by working to define the best methods and making sure they are supported by the right technology and an enabled workforce. This journey will lead to improve project outcomes, being able to leverage the digital twin, systems integration and interoperability, support for decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Develop test cases (based on operational scenarios)
- Conduct tests in emulation environments
- Conduct and support integrated testing with live equipment
- Support testing and commissioning in live equipment environments
- Review system outputs, and logfiles to adjudicate on test results and document defects
- Coordinate with different client groups (Operations, Project, Maintenance etc) and vendors to prioritise and schedule changes
- Define KPis and data analytics approaches
- Implement data analytics solutions and the data infrastructure required to enable the analytics (e.g. OSISoft PI).
- Assist the client with defect and release management processes
You will bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related Engineering discipline – industrial, mechatronics, chemical, process, electrical, mechanical and systems engineering, or Operations Research.
- experience executing complex automation projects in an industrial sector such as Metals (including Mining), Energy (Power Generation, Oil & Gas), Infrastructure (Ports, Rail, Cities), and/or Heavy Equipment
- Proven experience in successfully delivering value to industrial operations environments by integrating and implementing automation, real-time information management systems and other digital solutions.
- Knowledge of Container terminal operational systems and equipment would be an asset – STS cranes, RTGs, TOS, GOS, Gates, ASCs, ARMGs, Auto-SCs, vessel planning, yard planning, top handlers, UTRs, OCR, RFID, Wherenet
- Excellent understanding of Automation Systems (e.g. SCADA, PLC, DCS, Safety Systems), Operations Management Systems (e.g. MES, TOS, Real-time Timeseries databases or Historians), and relevant standards such as ISA-95 or industrial automation architectures.
- Specific experience with OSISoft PI and Tableau would be an asset.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Lifecycle Management (SDLC) including quality assurance / automated testing, software configuration management, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 50% and/or work at client sites, often outside of normal business hours as part of a global team
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Collaborative, inclusive work environment
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status, or alternatively, a Visa that entitles you to work in Australia.
If you’d like to apply click the “Apply” button now.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.