|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
Keolis Downer is Australia's largest private provider of multi-modal public transport. We are the largest light rail operator in Australia and one of the nation's most significant bus operators. Keolis Downer provides services to more than 210 million people each year.
Keolis Downer is Australia's largest private multi-modal operator with 20+ years of local presence with Southlink and LinkSA. We support 250 million passenger journeys annually in Australia.
Keolis Downer is committed to providing the highest quality of Rolling Stock Services in the local SA and greater Australian markets. This is a great time to join an industry leader who has built a trusted reputation on the quality of service and further develop your career in the Adelaide Rail Transformation Program.
Join the team in the role of Adelaide Railway Station Supervisor and play a pivotal part in ensuring our client facing team is well optimised and utilised each and every day.
- High level of competency to respond efficiently in high pressure situations
- Sound negotiation skills as you will be required to work with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence others in an environment of dynamic change
- Strong ability to think quickly and be able to handle different situations as they arise
- Previous Rail Industry experience with leading and supervising employees is highly desirable
- Open to working shifts and a 7 day roster including morning, afternoon and nights as well as weekends and public holidays
- Currently possess Senior First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Currently possess Chief Fire Warden Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- A history of working within the rail environment and understanding of safety and compliance to National Law.
- Ability to respond quickly and rationally to problems as well as work collaboratively on complex issues
- Must possess a current, valid and unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
- You will be responsible for overseeing the safety activities and coordinating the personnel activities for the Drivers, Passenger Service Assistants and Platform Coordinators working within the Adelaide Railway Station (ARS), to ensure that they perform their duties in accordance with operating rules, procedures and instructions, which includes;
- Active supervision of the station
- Managing sign-on and sign-off activities
- Managing disputes and conflicts within the workplace
- Delivery of briefings to employees about new or updated policies, procedures and guidelines
- Coordinating with the Operations Control Centre for any customer information, platform changes or disruptions
- Ensure a high level of customer service is maintained at all times
- Ensure the proper and safe use of PPE, safeguards, safety devices, and any other equipment
- Implement emergency procedures as per requirements as well as coordinate any emergency management activities
- Undertake investigations and implement appropriate action on reports concerning service delays, customer complaints, driver errors or mechanical failure of railcars
- Supervising gate line management within ARS
- Ensure that all Incident Management processes are up to date and accurate
- Work collaboratively with team members to meet deadlines and contribute to the evaluation of service performance objectives
- Manage leave balances (annual, long services, sick etc)
- You may be required in some instances to present at work in a paid on-call situation to perform crisis management duties in the case of emergency on the network
What we offer:
- A highly supportive, team environment
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- An opportunity to work as part of a new and growing team within a project environment
- Full–time Permanent role based in Adelaide
Your role will allow Keolis Downer to operate and bring forth a world class service to the people of SA and will have the benefits of high exposure and potential growth opportunities that come with a success job well done.
To apply hit “apply now” or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: Only applications submitted through the online vacancies will be considered.
Keolis Downer does not accept applications via email)