|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Small Arms contract for the Australian Defence Force
- Genuine work life balance & competitive salary package
- Located in Lithgow with onsite parking (2 hours from Sydney)
Why work for Thales?
At Thales we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your wellbeing counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
Our commitment extends through our generous benefits package; that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing your career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
About the role:
Thales small arms facility manages defence weaponry refurbishment programs as well as supporting weapon design and development projects for the Australian Defence Force.
The skills and experience that we have at Thales small arms are a vital resource and we are developing our business into a world leader in design and manufacturing for both the civilian and military environments.
This really is a unique opportunity, you will be involved in cutting edge design, development and production of weapons, weapons upgrades and accessories. This could be your chance to do something you love and make a difference.
- Design and preparation of specification drawings for tooling, gauges and fixtures to support manufacturing and product verification
- Production and maintenance of Manufacturing process documentation
- The investigation of problems, propose solutions and as necessary raise and process Engineering Change Requests
- Conducting geometric tolerance analysis on current and new designs and drawings
- Keeping up to date with new manufacturing processes and materials
- Assisting in the configuration management of documentation
Key Skills and Experience:
- Trade or tertiary qualification in a technical drawing or engineering discipline
- A thorough knowledge of 3D modelling is required, preferably using Autodesk Inventor software or similar
- Previous experience within the manufacturing, design and development environment would be advantageous
- An understanding of general Configuration Management Principles
You must have the ability to obtain an a Defence Security clearance at the appropriate level and a NSW Firearms Licence.
Interested so far? Please click on the “Apply” button below.