|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is the largest private-sector water services provider in New Zealand, and we are now looking for a Treatment Assistant/Operator in Levin, covering our operations across the Horowhenua district.
We are looking for an experienced Water and/or Wastewater Treatment Operator. You will be working as part of a dedicated utilities maintenance team delivering the most efficient and quality-driven service possible to our clients. Your key duties will include Water and Wastewater treatment operational duties, including routine and planned maintenance of the plants. You will work within a committed team to collectively ensure our client's long term goals are reached within the capabilities of the reticulation networks.
As Treatment Operator your key duties will include:
- Routine water/wastewater treatment plant operations
- Managing workload allocation and planning forward work
- Driving customer service delivery and quality to ensure KPI's are met
- Experience in the waste/water industry specialising in Treatment Operations would be advantageous
- Ability to perform to a high standard
- Treatment qualifications an advantage
- Be able to work well within a team and by yourself
- Excellent communication skills
- Full class 1 drivers licence
- Computer savvy
What we offer:
- An absolute focus on working safely
- Permanent, full-time position
- Competitive remuneration
- Full, ongoing training and support
- Excellent career opportunities within the industry
- A comprehensive employee benefits package
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 575898 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.