|Job Type:||Full Time|
Remuneration: Attractive Salary Package in accordance with enterprise agreement
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
About the role: Due to internal movement, our Rockhampton depot is seeking qualified Freight Operators for permanent positions and to join their team. With recent experience, you are able to display superior teamwork skills, flexibility, a high level of safety awareness and customer service.
- Shunting and yard duties (including cleaning)
- Examine and certify trains as ready for departure
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's safety and operational standards and procedures
- Provide excellent customer service
- Shunt Qualified with recent experience
- C Class Manual Drivers Licence (mandatory);
- Strong commitment to safety;
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Strong problem solving and communication skills;
- A willingness to work a 24/7 roster and shift lengths of up to 12 hours
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers