|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have an excellent team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Due to growth of our high performing demand generation & inside sales team, we are hiring a new Sales Development Representatives to join us! This is a great role for a hardworking individual in the early stages of their sales career and a phenomenal stepping stone into field sales!
What will I be doing?
- You will qualify and develop inbound leads and build business opportunities through outbound prospecting
- Develop qualified sales opportunities and cultivate for future pipeline potential
- Support accounts by building intelligence and developing client relationships through personalised contact, understanding client’s needs, and an ability to communicate solution values of products and services
- Schedule qualified discovery meetings/product demos for Field reps to lead
- Support attendance to all field marketing events to include, but not limited to Splunk Live events, events run by Splunk partners and any other related trade shows.
- Meet monthly strategic objectives developed to increase revenue in accounts through maturing a consistent sales pipeline
- Work closely both with sales and marketing to provide better insight into the success of the marketing activities that are being run at the same time as generate new pipeline.
That sounds great - what experience do I need?
- Educated to degree level
- Have an interest in technology and developing a career in sales
- Strong organisational and follow-up skills
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Continuously strive to improve sales effectiveness and business understanding
- Strong work ethic, driven and keen to work in a team environment
- Have strong people skills and the ability to lead by example
- Hungry and motivated to grow, learn and work your way up through a sales organization
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.