At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY’s Strategy and Transactions division offers corporate, government and private equity clients professional transaction advice and services, from the strategic analysis phase of the transaction lifecycle, through to deal execution, and transaction integration. The goal is to help EY clients achieve their best capital performance, deliver value to their stakeholders and meet their strategic objectives.
Our Valuations, Modelling and Economics Practice is going through an exciting period of growth.
We are looking for Economists (Consultant through to Manager) within the Modelling and Economics team in either of our Melbourne, Sydney or Canberra offices. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis.
These opportunities will see you play a leading role in the growth of these Practices and the delivery of a number of current high profile engagements working with our global networks and fast-moving clients.
As part of our team, you’ll develop your capabilities working with our high profile public and private sector clients across Australia, New Zealand and the world. Our diverse client portfolio will build your capabilities in high quality analysis, managing relationships and challenging assumptions. In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose.
Your key responsibilities
- Delivery of solutions across the life-cycle of public and private engagements
- Economic assessments and modelling
- Statistical and econometric forecasting
- Labour market modelling and analysis
- Bespoke modelling of complex business problems
- Economic appraisals including cost-benefit analysis and economic impact analysis
- Policy development and regulatory advice across a number of sectors including public policy planning, strategy development and delivery
- Liaise directly with client contacts
- Coordinating and developing detailed proposals and other business development material
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Excellent interpersonal and client management skills
- Exceptional report writing and communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills having undertaken economic and/or econometric analysis
- An analytical and commercial background gained from the corporate or government sectors
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams as well as independent research of client inquiries and emerging issues, including policy guidelines, industry trends and practices
As a Manager we would also be seeking:
- Experience managing teams in the scoping and production of deliverables for clients, such as models and reports
- Experience designing, overseeing development and reviewing best-practice economic models
- Experience deploying production grade economic models to client environments and successfully integrating the model into client processes
- Ability to define and solve problems, research issues and potential solutions, and provide advice on policy, program guidelines, market trends and industry practices
- Economics, public policy or other relevant qualifications (or equivalent work experience) combined with analytical experience gained from working in corporate and/or government sectors
- Experience in economic analysis, economic impact studies, econometrics, forecasting, bespoke business modelling, cost-benefit analysis, and/or economic policy and possibly regulatory analysis
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ability to review and/or program in R, Python and SQL is highly desirable at any rank
- An understanding of statistical, simulation, optimisation, machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques will be advantageous at any rank