|Location:||New South Wales|
Diploma Qualified Educator
About the Opportunity
If you are a committed Educator that is not afraid to get on the children’s level and engage in play to provide both the support and hands on activities that children need to thrive – We want to hear from YOU!
Uniting Early Learning are currently seeking a committed and inspiring Diploma Qualified Advanced Educator to join their team on permanent full-time basis at Uniting Early Learning North Bondi. We want to continue to grow as a committed team of educators that provide a nurturing environment that fosters a child led rhythm to learning. Catering to the individual needs and interests of our children, our Educators work alongside our children and encourage them to be in the moment.
Uniting Early Learning North Bondi supports families with education and childcare, including a preschool program. We are open long hours for children aged from three to five years.
Nestled in the heights above and just minutes from Bondi Beach, our warm and welcoming indoor learning spaces and stimulating outdoor environments are designed to engage and inspire. We value every child as an individual with a unique personality, interests and needs, so we can best help them to unlock and achieve their potential while enjoying their time in our care.
Who are we?
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and act to keep them safe. As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate. About the Opportunity
What do I need to succeed?
- Diploma in Children Services (essential), with previous experience working at Diploma Level in an early learning service.
- A work history that demonstrates recording observations, writing learning stories and supporting the planning of a successful curriculum using the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Understand the National Quality Framework and EYLF
- High level literacy, and expert at documenting children’s ideas, interests and learnings
- Must hold a current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
- Willingness to learn and be part of a team
- Desirable if familiar with the reggio emilia philosophy and the project approach but not detrimental
- Strong interpersonal skills (approachable, go-getter, positive attitude, team player, willing to learn)
What you get in return
- Full time position initially on a 12 month contract with the possibility to extend
- Professional development opportunities
- Small centre (24 children), open 8:30am -4:30pm (set shift), children between 3 years and 5 years, beautiful community, walk to the beach, shops and cafes
“We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe”
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Reference Checks.