UGL has a requirement for a Belt Splicers
2021 will be an exciting year at UGL. Ongoing roles across multiple sites will see you join a strong brand, highly experienced team with a reputation for delivery and working together for our customers to develop and provide solutions.
UGL are seeking Belt Splicers with demonstrated coal mining experience for up and coming work maintenance projects and shut down work within the Bowen Basin region.
- Cert I, II, III Rubber/Belt Splicing
- Previous conveyor belt systems and belt splicing experience
- Current Working at Heights & Confined Space essential
- Coal Board Medical – Required
- Standard 11 – Required
- Gas test Atmosphere ticket - Required
- Forklift ticket & MR HR truck licence preferred but not essential
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to identify and prioritise tasks and trouble shoot
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised
What we offer
- Casual positions for Belt Splicers throughout 2021.
- Opportunities for Mackay based persons to work at our factory in Paget and servicing a variety of clients onsite.
- Very competitive hourly rates plus penalties, shift allowances
- A chance to join a 6,000 strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
What makes you right for UGL
- 100% commitment to safety
- Ability to adapt to change and work with ambiguity
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- You believe success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.
If you are confident you have the skills and knowledge to fulfil this role, then please apply now via the button.