|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Exciting opportunity in Trade Reporting and Surveillance, Technology
- Focus on engineering best practices in AWS DevOps and Java
- Permanent full-time role in Melbourne or Sydney CBD (flexible with work-from-home)
You are highly motivated and critical thinking Software Engineer with AWS qualification (e.g. AWS DevOps), and comfortable working in an Agile collaborative team setting along with taking individual accountability for delivery.
As a software engineer you strive for excellence in:
- You build solutions with a focus on automation, scalability, maintainability and resilience in cloud-based software environments (e.g. AWS).
- Critical thinking, with the ability to articulate designs/solutions to colleagues and managers with logical reasoning and well-written documentation/diagrams.
- A risk focus where technical decisions are always viewed with a risk vs benefit lens.
- Ability to design, develop, maintain, improve, test, and deploy well designed & high-quality software with a focus on automation, scalability, maintainability and resilience.
- Work well with teams and individuals to analyse business processes / procedures and user requirements in order to establish system requirements.
- Demonstration of passion and sense of ownership for investigating and improving system behaviour.
Your Skills and Experience
- Technology experience, ideally in Banking and/ or Finance industry
- Technical development across AWS Cloud, Java, Linux, CI/CD disciplines
- Experienced in AWS and cloud technology
- Platform of Java based microservices using Kafka messaging and/or other APIs
- Platform automation tools (DB Management, AWS, Jenkins, Github)
- Software Delivery technical skills such as CI/CD, Automated Deployments, Automated Testing, Build Servers, Software / Source Code Configuration Management
- Production support experience is a plus.
As part of the Technology & Operations division, you will be part of Foreign Exchange (FX) Sales and Distribution team to implement technical innovation and solutions for our business partners in the FX and Markets domain. Our goals are to help deliver new and additional product offerings, connectivity into new markets and domains to reach new client bases and diversify our product to the Institutional, Corporate, Retail, Small Business and other NAB clients.