|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. The Transport Services division here at Downer has a great track record for delivering high standards of work across New Zealand and Waiheke is no exception! Just a 35 minute ferry ride from Auckland Harbour, this is an excellent opportunity to expand on your experience and cement a place in our team.
About the job:
As a labourer in our Waiheke based crew, you will work on some exciting projects and gain exposure to the wonderful world of road maintenance and civil contracts. You will perform manual labouring duties including concreting and occasional timber work. You’ll help with safe site setup for your crew and the general public and will ultimately work as part of a cohesive team to deliver to projects.
You’ll be open and willing to develop your skill set as we have plenty of career opportunities branching into machine operation or leadership pathways. This is a varied role in a small collaborative team and as such, being a team player is an absolute must. When we say no two days will look the same, we mean it!
If you are physically fit and enjoy spending your days outdoors and on your feet, this could be the position for you. You will predominantly work Monday to Friday, however weekend work will be required on occasion. Along with a positive, can-do attitude and your ability to be a reliable team member, we would value the following skills and experience:
- Class 1 Full New Zealand driver’s licence is a must have!
- Class 2 New Zealand driver’s licence and WTR endorsements would be an advantage
- Experience operating in the civil construction industry is an advantage
- Ability to work hands-on and unsupervised as well as within a team
- Commitment to maintain a Zero harm environment for the crew and general public
- Level 1 Traffic Control Ticket is required, however training will be offered for the right candidate
As this role is based on Waiheke, it would be preferable for you to be based on the island, however some of our team successfully commute from Auckland via Ferry. Talk to us about how we can best support you into this role.
Perks of joining our team
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We can offer you:
- A stable work environment with continuous projects on the horizon
- Tools of trade including your uniform and safety gear provided
- Full Time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid over time, plus meal allowances
- Extensive training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career; Development Days and First Aid Course etc.
- The chance to join a highly motivated, friendly and supportive team
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts across retail, health and trade suppliers!
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz, enter reference number 575781 and click “Apply Now” to register your interest. Alternately drop into a Downer depot today with your CV.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.