|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
Microsoft Dynamics (Business Applications) is a multi-billion-dollar global business, delivering Dynamics products to nearly half a million customer organizations and partners worldwide. We operate in close partnership with the Applications and Services, Cloud and Enterprise, Operating Systems and the other Microsoft businesses to deliver innovative and well-integrated solutions. We are recognized as leaders by industry analysts and we have aggressive plans to grow revenue and market share over the next 5 years. We pride ourselves on our unwavering commitment to customers and partners. We are not afraid to take risks, we maintain an entrepreneurial mindset, we learn fast, and we move quickly. We are the Business Solutions team from Microsoft.
As a key enabler to rapid and continued growth throughout the Sales Specialist Teams, we are searching to appoint a senior leader to build the company’s capabilities and team to support value strategy and consultative selling. Supports strategic transactions and sales teams through industry knowledge, management consulting skills and analytical abilities.
- Business Value Selling: Develop a “value first” approach to strategic sales engagements and ensure customer identify the unique value & impact of Microsoft technology platform. Build business cases to justify customer investments, work with CFO’s to understand their decision-making process and uniquely position Microsoft in that decision-making process.
- Value Negotiation: Build TCO models for various YOY license consumption options, do analysis of pros and cons of each option. Directly engage with business decision makers (BDM) to drive complex deal negotiations, using value levers build unique differentiators for Microsoft. Justify the investments with a compelling cost & benefits analysis presented to senior customer executives.
- Compete Strategy: Work with global compete leads, Industry experts, local sales teams to build a compete pitch specific to Microsoft workloads. Directly support compete deal specific customer situations with Microsoft unique differentiators against competition
- Challenger Selling: Build & deliver high impact challenger presentations to BDM’s unlocking business value with unique Microsoft offerings. Role model for field teams on how to add value to customers by helping them identify business opportunities and by bringing innovative solutions and industry references to realize value.
- Drive repeatable assets/IP into the organization to scale and enhance large deal expertise (e.g., developing thought leadership around value selling, negotiation strategies & synthesizing customer experiences into reusable content and methodologies
- Corporate executive responsible for leading customer/internal facing activities to drive business requirements from company strategy through demand validation and quantification - mapping and delivering a clear and repeatable process for our largest deals & strategic customer.
- Supports/Leads customer engagements with the top customers, delivering high impact strategies, business cases, and proposals that are linked through a cohesive story. The team will be responsible for creating the strategy and storyboard, engaging with customer executives and delivering strategic findings and proposals to select customers.
- Works closely with local management teams, solution architects, and partner organizations to evangelize and deliver a proven ‘large deal’ process and methodology to customers.
- 10+ years of Management Consulting or Strategy Consulting & Sales experience with Business Applications
- Experience in setting and creating the vision and quantifying value impact for large customers.
- Familiarity with IT Strategy formulation and concepts of ROI, NPV, IRR and other financial metrics.
- Proven skills in analysis, storytelling, presentation, demonstration, requirements mapping and collaboration
- Understanding of Microsoft’s strategic direction; ability to develop successful compete strategies, deliver effective presentations
- Successful candidate must demonstrate a commitment to achieving overall revenue targets and solution positioning.
- The successful candidate must also engage with partners in the strategy, solution, proof and closing stages of a given sales cycle.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.