|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an experienced Plant Operator to join the team on a 12 month fixed-term. You will be responsible for successfully optimising profit and performance through sound supervision of our concrete plant. The primary focus of this role will be the batching and despatching of concrete as well as front end loader operation in accordance with quality standards and project requirements. This role is based at Echuca and you will report to the Area Manager – Concrete.
- Conducting and managing safety requirements i.e. safety/toolbox meetings and safety pre-start checks;
- Accurate batching of orders to specified mix designs utilising the Command Batch program and the docket despatch system;
- Managing day to day administration of the Concrete Batch Plant including stock control of raw materials;
- Batching of the correct concrete mix and allocating trucks;
- Managing day to day activities including oversee a LOD fleet and
- General yard and plant housekeeping and maintenance, along with the safe operation of a front end loader.
What are we looking for:
- Relevant batching and/or concrete industry experience;
- A strong commitment to safety and the environment along with a superior customer focus;
- A current HR drivers license and FEL will be highly regarded;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and,
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills along with sound computer literacy.
Why join the Boral team:
- Opportunity to work in a busy, highly successful team with a long term career path
- Training with genuine career development opportunities
- Perm role with a competitive hourly rate
- Organisation that is dedicated to the health and safety of employees
Boral is an international building and construction materials group, with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. With more than A$4.4 billion worth of annualised sales, Boral has around 12,000 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites including joint ventures. Boral produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials, including quarry products, cement, fly ash, pre-mix concrete, and asphalt; and building products, including clay bricks and pavers, clay and concrete roof tiles, concrete masonry products, plasterboard, and timber. Boral primarily serves customers in the building and construction industries with operations concentrated in three key geographical markets - Australia, the USA, and Asia.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age