|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapons, Ammunition & Protection.
RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capability to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection, and sustainment.
We have opened our Military Vehicle Centre of Excellence (MILVEHCOE) in Redbank, Queensland, Australia and established a new national sovereign military vehicle capability that enables the design, development and local manufacture of military vehicles, platforms and turrets for the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and export to like-minded nations. The MILVEHCOE is an 11ha precinct incorporating a regional headquarters for Rheinmetall and a major manufacturing hub that will deliver vehicles into the ADF including Boxer 8x8 Combat Reconnaissance Vehicles (CRV) under Australia’s Land 400 Phase 2 and high mobility logistics trucks under the Land 121 Phase 3B/5B program.
We have immediate vacancies available for junior to senior level Design Engineers to support RDA’s current programs. Majority of positions will be based at MILVEHCOE (Military Vehicle Centre of Excellence) in Redbank as well as some further opportunities based out of our Melbourne office.
If you are a recent graduate, senior or experienced with 10+ years, we want to hear from you! These opportunities will be recruited after the holiday break in mid to late January 2021. We ask if you are interested in hearing about our opportunities, please apply to this advert, and you will be contacted in the New Year.
Please note – all our engineering positions must hold NV1 Security Clearances, so these positions are ONLY open to Australian Citizens.
Some of these positions may have the opportunity to undertake a technology transfer to Germany for 12 – 18 months to support the relevant programs. Will be discussed at interview.
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Hold tertiary qualifications in engineering;
- NX and Teamcenter highly regarded;
- Demonstrated experience in engineering – looking for all levels from grad to senior level.;
- Leadership capabilities;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication, consultation and negotiation skills;
- Ability to relocate if not located in Brisbane or Melbourne;
- Be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment screening (Applicants MUST hold Australian Citizenship); and
- An ability to travel internationally and interstate when and if required
What's on offer?
- Working in a great team and with exciting products
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing
Join an inclusive culture
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer.
If you are ready to take the next step, Apply Now!
Rheinmetall may use various recruitment and selection tools and techniques as part of our process, such as video interviewing, online assessments, face-to-face interviews and assessment centres.
The preferred candidate will be required to complete RDA’s background checks including pre-employment verification and national police checks.
Applications close: 14 February 2021
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please call Tali Butler on +61 428 881 736.