At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
This position will work on our Lifestyle Roster, working a pattern of days and nights, with a block of days off at the end of each swing. Employees on this roster enjoy two full weekends off out of four and will align to the following shift rotation: 2D2N5X, 2D3N4X, 3D2N5X. Shifts are 12.5 hours including handover, and you will benefit from additional shift allowances, as part of your remuneration package. As an added benefit, those on a Lifestyle Roster will also enjoy an additional week of annual leave per year.
Working within the team based in the Perth Technology Remote Operations Centre (TROC) and reporting to the Supervisor OT Operations, your duties will include:
- Proactive monitoring & event management to maintain critical production systems availability
- Rapidly provide break-fix solutions to restore production system availability following outages
- Perform maintenance activities that reduce failure rates and downtime of equipment
- Safe execution of planned maintenance activities
- Engaging site operation stakeholders during events, incidents, and changes
- Working collaboratively in a Network Operations Centre (NOC) environment
Skills and Other Qualifications
You will be a self-motivated and effective communicator with Technology, operational or maintenance experience. Some skills and experience desirable for the role include:
- Operational experience within industrial environments will be well regarded but is not mandatory
- Experience with troubleshooting operational technologies, including but not limited to:
- Networking experience (beneficial certifications include: Cisco CCNA, DevNet Associate, Juniper JNCIA or other)
- Control systems and communications experience (SCADA, PLCs)
- Ability to build strong working relationships and work with others for a collective outcome
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a range of cross functional stakeholders
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.