- Business Innovation & Improvement team
- 2 year fixed term opportunity – $121,176 + Super
- Based in our Leederville office
One organisation. One hugely diverse workforce
Our diversity is our strength
Different backgrounds. Different experiences. Different areas of expertise. It’s our diverse mix of people that makes Water Corporation such a hugely rewarding place to work. As the principal supplier of water, wastewater and drainage services across Western Australia, we offer exciting career opportunities state-wide. Needless to say, we welcome ambitious job seekers who share our commitment to providing excellent customer service for West Australians. Fresh faces wanted.
About the role
We have an opportunity for a Specialist - Product Development . Based in our Leederville office, this role will be responsible for the development and delivery of innovation and improvement tools/approaches/methodologies to foster consistency and standardisation in the pursuit of innovation and improvement capability and culture across the organisation. The role will also assist in the coaching/training of individuals across the corporation in innovation and improvement methods.
What the role will offer
- Develop and deliver Innovation and Improvement related tools/approaches/methodologies to ensure standardisation in the resolution of complex problems
- Actively work with stakeholders to promote and embed a culture of improvement and innovation through influencing, coaching and training activities underpinned by the Innovation & Improvement strategy/roadmap
- Actively contribute to identify opportunities for business process improvement across the corporation to reduce cost of operations, increase productivity, increase revenue or improve safety
- Support in the development of training/coaching offerings in the realm of innovation and improvement methods
- Manage the implementation of specific business process improvement projects and initiatives, including management of project resources, change management, stakeholder engagement, training and facilitation
- Create and track project plans to ensure activities are delivered within agreed timeframes
Key skills & experience
We are looking for someone with a background in, or knowledge of continuous improvement and innovation, along with experience in training, coaching or mentoring others – particularly in the area of Lean Six Sigma.
- Degree level qualification in related discipline, with experience working in teams in large scale innovation and improvement functions
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Accredited, or equivalent experience
- Detailed understanding of innovation and improvement tools (i.e. TOC, Design Thinking)
- Detailed knowledge of Change Management (ADKAR) and Project Management (Prince2, PMP) methodologies
- Demonstrated experience delivering effective sustainable change with a large organisation
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please submit a covering letter and resume that best outlines your relevant experience and demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role. Applications close on Sunday 24th January 2021.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website