|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Services mission is to lead and serve our customers and partners as they realize their full potential in a mobile-first, cloud-first world. Key to consistent, high quality customer solutions is building and maintaining world-class operations. In Services Business Operations (SBO), our charter is to modernize Services to compete effectively, enabling agility and trusted experiences that continuously meet the needs of our customers, partners and colleagues. Our priorities are to deliver valuable services and insights, identify and solve for simplification opportunities and plan and deliver new operational motions to accelerate our digital transformation. In Service Center, our mission is to enable our customers to move faster and be more successful through innovative, high quality, cost effective operations. If you thrive on creating trusted relationships that provide opportunities to support and improve the lives of others, influencing and collaborating with others to drive change and improvements, we have a career opportunity for you!
Business Excellence Partner (BEP)
The BEP supports tighter business alignment between HQ and the respective Area Leadership Teams. This role is responsible for building and maintaining a deep connection with the Areas and Subsidiaries to understand their business and operational support needs, critical to the success of the Service Center and broader Operations teams as we build out our delivery capability and build trust and partnership with the field.
You will need to work in close partnership with the Area Leadership Team who will support your Area knowledge ramp and who can help you establish and build Area relationships. This is an evolving role where we look to continually improve the operational value that we deliver to the business. You must be willing and able to join a team where change is the norm and understand that your role will change over time requiring you to develop new skill sets and build on those you already have.
The BEP role will report into the Timezone Leader, but is accountable to an Area and success will be determined and aligned to the success of and feedback from the Area business. The role will ensure you stay close to, and continue to understand, the outcomes our customer-facing organizations seek to achieve with our customers, including rationalization, prioritization and landing of current state processes and resources with future state goals.
The BEP will need to balance five priorities:
- Integrating with Sales and Delivery rhythms, using an understanding of the Area business to deliver value add insights.
- Forecasting delivery operational support demand for the Area and planning delivery capacity to meet the need.
- Influencing existing delivery as well as future delivery plans through Area insights and needs.
- Being a key change leader as we, together with the Areas identify, develop and land new services.
- Support efforts to ensure our BPO delivery partner maintains Delivery Run Stabilisation.
Key accountabilities (for your geographic area) include:
- Execution of key business rhythms: Building, leading and attending rhythms with the appropriate audiences to provide and capture clear insights, accountabilities and actions that lead to consistent improvement of business operations and business success.
- Accurately analyse service delivery: Forecast service delivery hours based on current and historical data and associated head count capacity management. Track and manage service delivery consumption hours.
- Brings the Voice of the Field (SME) to our Organization across delivery and innovation.
- Landing and adoption of services:
- Understanding the book of work (services and value provided), defining landing requirements based on area-specific requirements and making sure delivery teams are setup for success. Be able to understand pre-requisite landing activities, plan and execute proactively across a new service implementation lifecycle through to service maturity. Able to assess root cause analysis for challenges/roadblocks and leverage change management concepts to increase adoption.
- A key change participant for the Area and HQ changes through effective landing of change through Change Management Assist.
- Escalation management: Review Area service delivery and work with the BPO to drive quality and improvement. Ensure Area escalations are managed efficiently and effectively by the internal and BPO Escalation Management teams.
- Drive service improvements and provide input for new services:
- Create and nurture listening systems that provide insights on potential services improvements and business development opportunities, able to represent the value and business requirements for the improvements and prioritize against other opportunities.
- Complete 1 hunt per quarter through the NSI (New Services & Innovation) Pillar. This entails completing an “ORB” process and presenting to the Service Center Leadership Team.
- Stakeholder management: Building a clear stakeholder map, actively building and nurturing trusted relationships and implementing listening system across the area and audiences.
- Subject Matter Expert on operations for the Area: Understanding of internal operations teams and how Service Centre interacts with them (Area Operations, external operational support functions, e.g. ROC and GPO, Planning & Business Excellence etc.) and their accountabilities; using this knowledge to address operational questions and issues and redirect efficiently.
Success in this role will require a high degree of collaboration and leadership across Service Centre’s key business partners. At a time of significant global organizational and business model change at Microsoft, the successful candidate must be willing and able to navigate an environment where ongoing change will continue to be the norm. This is critical to ensuring business continuity and stability on behalf of and in support of Area-aligned business success.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following:
- Ability to develop strong partnerships across Microsoft, aligning goals & driving focused direct and indirect results that deliver tangible impact by navigating ambiguous and multi-threaded organizations from a remote location. A strong working relationship with the BEO Manager for the Area and/or subsidiary is a critical success factor.
- Build accurate demand forecasts understanding inputs, seasonality and judgement.
- Program management to lead and manage priorities and outcomes across a diverse set of audiences, roles and priorities. This role requires a 360 degree view of the Services business as well as understanding how we interact with other segments of the Microsoft business. Services Operations is a complex function and the ability to ramp and absorb large amounts of information quickly will be key to establishing yourself in role.
- Proactive project management and coordination of activities associated with landing complex services.
- Strong focus on change management principles to inform and influence change, leading to usage and successful adoption of the change.
- Contribute to a team culture focused on learning and rapid iteration to deliver success – this includes scaling a design led thinking methodology across direct and indirect teams.
- Driving effective communication themes and landing vehicles for enabling change.
- Willingness to understand our key services in depth in order to develop subject matter expertise in our operations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.