|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the opportunity
If you are passionate about working in the mining industry but are tired of the FIFO lifestyle a career move to Alcoa might be your answer!
Alcoa currently has permanent opportunities for experienced scraper operators in its Huntly and Willowdale Bauxite mines, located in the Darling Range of Western Australia near Dwellingup, approximately 100 kilometres south of Perth and 30min. drive from central Mandurah.
What we’re looking for:
- Scraper operators proficient in large open-bowl scrapers, ideally with twin-power experience (637/657)
- Experienced in mining, quarry or civil works
- Demonstrated commitment to a ‘safety first’ culture
- Proven capability in delivering key performance and productivity metrics
- A flexible and versatile attitude and a team focused approach
What we are offering:
- Permanent full-time roles in an established global company
- Challenging work in an environment that changes consistently.
- Excellent lifestyle roster – average 36hr week with 3 x 12hr shifts per week.
- Mining without the FIFO - drive home every shift!
- Competitive remuneration and shift allowances and above industry standard superannuation, with opportunity for additional supplementary shifts.
- Industry leading parental leave scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Novated car lease scheme
This role plays a key part in the operation of the mine, and greatly influences the achievement of the team's efficiency outcomes. You will also have a meaningful role to play in the safety of yourself and others, and the environment in which you work.
We also encourage applicants with leading hand or supervisory experience to apply.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do.
At Alcoa we strive to create an inclusive workplace where employees can bring their whole selves to work regardless of their background. We know it starts and finishes with you, which is why our value ‘care for people’ is so important to us. It ensures not only your physical safety but also provides an inclusive and welcoming workplace for people from all walks of life, encouraging diversity of thought from each and every person.
We embrace change, new ideas and promote a culture of respect and equal opportunity. Our employment programs, underpinned by diversity and equality, continue to be recognised and rewarded. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women and LGBTIQ+ job seekers.
As an Alcoa employee, you will embark on growth opportunities and can truly make a difference being part of an organisation that respects and considers flexibility whilst empowering you with stimulating and exciting work.
Flexible work arrangements may be considered, please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
Find out more about Alcoa’s:
Wednesday 27 January 2021
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.