|Job Type:||Full Time|
UGL is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. UGL is active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. Our skilled workforce, expertise in project management and end-to-end engineering, is backed by a continuous focus on safety, innovation and improvement.
At UGL, we believe a company’s ability to move with market changes and new technologies comes down to the strength of its teams. In this role, you will be responsible for all E&IC engineering design activities for the contract. The Lead Engineer will be responsible for mentoring and provide engineering coordination for the tender, design, supply, installation and commissioning support to the project scopes.
The position can be based in either UGL Melbourne or Brisbane head office.
About the Role
- Ensure all aspects of engineering design effort are delivered on time, cost effectively and fit for purpose for the project and business requirements
- Lead the design team to produce technically acceptable standard of work and design deliverables
- Provide technical expertise to the team
- Ensure documentation of appropriate standard is provided to update all relevant Engineering, Operational and Maintenance databases on project completion
- Provide a focal point for all technical based queries for associated subcontractors / suppliers, client, etc.
- Team development through performance goal setting, reviews, regular conversation for formal/informal feedback and training
- Tertiary Engineering qualification / 15 years industry experience in engineering, maintenance across O&G, Petrochemical and Chemical industries
- Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Area certification – AS/NZS 60079
- Knowledge and exposure to PLC, SCADA, tank inventory and network systems
- Detailed knowledge of Australian & International codes and standards, good engineering practice and the applicable statutory requirements with respect to fuel tanks & piping works
- Ability to conduct & review Electrical Instrumentation & Controls Design Engineering
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to back yourself, grow and achieve
- The chance to join one of the world's leading international contractors
- Attractive group remuneration and benefits
- A culture that values diversity and innovation
What makes you right for UGL
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- A belief that team success and value are realised when everyone plays a part
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment.
#LI-UGLR #Work-180 #unitewiththeverybest