|Job Type:||Full Time|
Consultant PACE Consulting, Brisbane
- Fantastic development opportunity to work on Rio Tinto’s top priorities and deliver lasting sustainable impact
- Gain exposure across different product groups and functions to rapidly gain depth and breadth of experience of all parts of the business
- Receive extensive training and development in consulting and analytics
- Based in Brisbane
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Consultant to join our established team of external consultants and high potential internal members to support clients to successfully diagnose current state and streamline the pathway to implementing value opportunities.
This is a great opportunity for a junior consultant with strong strategy house consulting experience.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Senior Manager PACE Consulting and working in an exciting challenging environment in the Brisbane PACE Consulting team, you will be:
- Framing client problems – use hypothesis based and “80/20” driven approach
- Executing analysis – effectively plan, gather and manage data, and then use analysis to develop insights and develop recommendations on key issues
- Taking ownership of a work plan – own the final output through setting specific and achievable milestones, while displaying initiative to overcome obstacles and respond effectively to changes in direction
- Developing written communication – create clear and impactful slides with limited direct oversight
- Presenting recommendations and findings – use a clear and effective manner to present to small groups
- Building relationships with clients – build clear understanding of client history and project/transaction, while being seen as valued contributor
- Contributing to building PACE – make PACE a rewarding and enjoyable place to work
What you’ll bring
- Value-driven approach – able to translate data into meaningful insights
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking – a creative outlook combined with pragmatism and a strategic focus
- Problem solver – curious, solution oriented and highly motivated
- Commercial mindset – strong commercial and business acumen
- Collaborator/ Integrator – ability to support complex stakeholder engagement
- Team contributor – willingness to go the “extra mile” and work constructive with fellow consultants
- Able to challenge, coach and support / drive change
- Mobile and happy to travel
Knowledge and Experience
- A few years in a consulting firm with a focus on strategy and business improvement, or internal corporate role with strategy and business improvement focus
- Experience in mining industry is preferred but not required
- Operational experience highly regarded
- Experience in conducting analysis, ensuring accurate and updated data from varying sources and interpreting complex results to find key opportunities
- Understanding of business improvement principles and practices
Skills and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualified in a relevant field e.g. Engineering, Business, Legal or related discipline.
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Relocation assistance where necessary
Where you will be working
PACE Consulting is an internal management consultancy embedded within Rio Tinto. It comprises a team of management consultants and data scientists & engineers, focused on working with each part of the business on opportunities that will deliver the highest possible value. Rio Tinto has established PACE to support the business in many areas where it has previously sought external management consulting expertise.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.