|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be part of a safe, positive and driven team
- Lifestyle roster 4,5,5 day shift only
- Permanent role – Weipa
- Weipa accommodation benefit
- Five weeks annual leave
- Remote area allowance
- Remote area holiday travel assistance
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Health cover scheme for employees and their immediate family
- Rio Tinto employee share programme
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Warehouse Officer to undertake warehouse duties/tasks efficiently and effectively at our Weipa operation. The successful applicant will require an open HC drivers’ licence and is a certified forklift operator of both diesel forklifts and electric reach trucks.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who has prior work experience in a warehouse operation, can successfully multi-task, has good SAP knowledge and operates in a manner where safety is in the forefront. Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, you will be:
- Unloading inbound delivery trucks and vessels. Loading outbound trucks with accurate recording of documentation
- Completing timely and accurate receipting, sorting and stacking of goods
- Completing timely and accurate picking and packing of requested inventory for onsite customers.
- Identifying and eliminating waste (including over servicing, over stocking, incorrect fulfilment, packaging and handling).
- Conducting accurate stock take counts. Any discrepancies in line items are investigated and documented.
- Part of a team that maintains the warehouses and warehouse procedures to a high standard.
- Completing Semi-Trailer and Body truck deliveries to 3 mine sites to schedule.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- HC and forklift licenses.
- Prior experience working in a warehouse site operation with a good safety record
- Has experience and can cope working in hot weather environments
- Good problem-solving skills and strives for continuous improvements
- Good time management and has the desire to work in a team environment
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Knowledge of SAP, in particular the Warehousing module.
- Manual handling and some heavy lifting is a requirement of the role.
- Exposure to site operations or relevant materials management qualifications.
- On the job trainer experience.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Weipa is located 900km north-west of Cairns on the Gulf of Carpentaria and has been operating for over 50 years. Over the years, it has developed into a vibrant and diverse cultural hub of the Western Cape. Weipa offers a coastal community rich in geographical beauty and cultural heritage that provides families with opportunities to participate in leisure activities, sports and community events. With a strong sense of community, the region has plenty of natural beauty to offer including the opportunities for boating, fishing, camping and exploring. Construction of the Amrun mining operation, located 40 kilometres southwest of Weipa, was completed in late 2018 expanding our bauxite operations to continue production from one of the world’s premier bauxite deposits.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Advert Closes - 22 January 2021