- 12-Month Contract with view to permanency
- Collaborate across Origin
- Sydney or Adelaide based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the TBM Technical Lead role is to be the subject matter expert of the TBM model and be able to provide technical direction on how best to implement changes within Apptio. This role will lead the day-to-day activities of the data model within the TBM tool and be responsible for having an in-depth understanding of the tool configuration, the model and the loading, analysing and reporting of operational data within the tool.
The TBM Technical lead will work closely with the IT Leaders to understand their TBMO requirements and execute them whilst assisting with categorise IT costs, technologies, resource applications and services to support data driven decision making around smart IT investments.
More about the role;
- Be the Subject Matter Expert on the TBM (Apptio) tool, focusing on cost modelling and improvement opportunities
- Understand the business requirements and translate into a technical design, which meets Origin’s needs, provides maximum solution value, and can be easily implemented and maintained with Apptio.
- Work with Finance to simplify IT financial management processes and activites to achieve efficiencies, and enable finance staff to focus on deeper analysis and education with the Service Owners and CLD owners
- Builds relationships and practice effective collaboration with internal stakeholders to drive improved communication and shared direction
- Mentors and coaches current and new resources in the configuration of the TBM tool and use of Apptio
- Configure, test, & document Apptio dashboards, reports and underlying data models to meet the design and business requirements
You will be considered to have a blend of business, financial and technical knowledge, and have willingness to take calculated risks and be able to recover quickly if they don’t work out.
You must be collaborative, enjoy working cross functionally and have strong communication skills with an ability to understand the audience and adjust detailed data messaging to align.
More about you:
- 3+ years technical experience supporting a TBM (Apptio) Tool
- 7+ years experience in an IT role related to systems support or data management OR a financial management role
- Experience of software development, agile methodologoes and incremental release of features
- Strong understanding of Financial Management practices
- Financial and accounting acumen preferred
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- An understanding of IS Infrastructure, Services, Applications and Software (Servers, Databases, Storage, Network etc.) from a cost standpoint
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Future Energy and Business Developmentteam is shaping tomorrow’s future energy innovations. We’re investing in new energy solutions; partnering with global start-ups and trialing new technology and business models. We also play a critical role in supporting our operations through world class application and infrastructure. We’re driven to lead the transition into a low carbon, technology-enabled world which embraces a more decentralised and digital future.
That’s why we need passionate, curious and customer focused people, who are excited by the challenge of finding new ways of working, new ways of delivering and shaping a new energy future.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Chloe O'Brien - 03 9652 5052, quote Requisition ID 77710
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au