|Location:||Adelaide, Barangaroo, Brisbane City, Melbourne|
- Location flexible – Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide
- Manage Origin’s commercial interests across a growing pipeline of Hydrogen and Ammonia projects
- Be a part exploring new and emerging markets within the energy industry
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Origin’s Integrated Gas (IG) Markets and Commercial team in a Commercial Lead position. This role will play an important part in leading and delivering the next phase of Origin’s growth.
You will be responsible for providing specialist commercial support to the IG Asset teams to ensure projects and opportunities can progress through each decision gate. As the Commercial Lead you will be expected to lead high value complex commercial negotiations, draft the contractual agreements, whilst ensuring these are completed in accordance with Origin systems and processes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the design of commercial frameworks, structures and agreements which support the development of both Hydrogen and Ammonia projects and opportunities
- Supporting the negotiation of commercial agreements which provide access to critical infrastructure
- Leading identification, evaluation and negotiations with project partners (domestic/ international) who can assist with the delivery of Origin’s commercial objectives
- Working collaboratively with the Asset teams to identify, screen and prioritise investment opportunities which are aligned with the broader IG strategy
- Developing international customer relationships and offtake opportunities
Is This You
To be successful in this role you will be a commercially minded and motivated self-starter with the ability to operate and execute in a dynamic environment.
With a broad scope of responsibilities, it is expected that the successful individual will have a rounded commercial background, have a strong sense of initiative and a desire to build a successful business.
Given the nature of this role it will be essential that the Commercial Lead can work effectively within cross-discipled project teams, whist being able to manage and represent Origin’s commercial interests at senior levels in the external market.
You will have:
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Engineering, Science, Commerce or Law)
- Minimum of 10 years commercial experience gained from working in a similar capacity
- An ability to lead and managing complex commercial transactions
- Experience with marketing and contracting of commodities, including the management of key relationships
- Extensive senior stakeholder management experience
Location of this position is flexible, with some international and domestic travel likely to be required.
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Integrated Gasbusiness plays a critical role in powering our future, as a leading gas producer for Australian and international markets. We’re also exploring for natural gas reserves to develop as a future energy source. We focus on being an efficient, low-cost operator of unconventional gas to meet the growing demand of high value gas and LNG customers in Australia and Asia. We need passionate and forward-thinking people to join us, who are committed to a zero-harm safety culture, managing risk and driving culture change.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au