Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
At NSM, we embrace a culture that fosters corporate diversity and workplace innovation with a strong focus on safety. Where possible, we enjoy flexible working arrangements, helping us find the right balance between our lives at work and at home. Safety is paramount in our industry, and we are committed to protecting the safety of our people, clients, supply chain and our communities. We also recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. We are committed to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience, develop professionally and work on exciting diverse projects.
This permanent full time role is based in Henderson and responsible for the preparation and management of External Maintenance Availabilities (EMA’s) / Maintenance Window Opportunities (MWO’s) – Integrated Project Master Schedules and resultant management information for project production controls.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The following aspects of this position are indicative only and in no way limit NSM in allocating additional responsibilities to the employee, within the scope of the employee’s level of competency, experience, knowledge and qualification.
- Develop and maintain Integrated Project Master Schedule (IPMS) for EMA’s and MWO’s and continuous maintenance.
- Regularly analyse IPMS and manage schedule variance and float;
- Produce and evaluate project management information from IPMS;
- Ensure all planning interfaces and inter-dependencies are fully captured in the IPMS;
- Produce and maintain critical path analysis and key event/milestones plan;
- Identification of quantitative schedule risk through analysis of IPMS;
- Support the Production Manager in preparation of weekly project reports and ad-hoc reports to NSM management;
- Directly engage with Subcontractors and Project Supervisors to obtain IPMS data and updates;
- Identify and report IPMS conflicts, issues and risks;
- Offer solutions that support the de-confliction of all project activities
The successful candidate will require:
- Relevant demonstratable experience within a similar role
- Intermediate in Microsoft Project and Excel and proficient in other Microsoft Suite programs;
- Competent in the use of SAP; and
- Thorough experience in the use of Primavera