The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Consultant within the Capital and Debt Advisory team in our Sydney office.
The team operates nationally across Australia and advises local and global organisations in making strategic capital and financing related decisions, in debt and equity markets capital raisings and in providing capital management and treasury & hedging advice.
The role will involve working in an existing highly capable and well-regarded independent capital markets advisory team, that has an established flow of client work and that operates collaboratively within EY’s broader Strategy and Transactions capability set.
This opportunity provides exposure to the entire spectrum of capital solutions and will open up a career in a dynamic and growing segment of the Australian market.
Your key responsibilities
- Research current capital markets trends, transactions and pricing
- Prepare materials for client transactions, including investment and credit memoranda, management presentations and supporting information
- Analyse and present complex financial information, including navigating financial models
- Perform market research and analysis to develop new transaction opportunities
- Assist the broader team with client presentations, proposals and report writing
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in a similar role preferred and a strong level of client focus
- An ability to understand and research a wide range of economic, capital markets, business and industry dynamics
- A high level of commercial acumen and strong financial and analytical skills
- Ability to analyse companies and their capital structures and credit profiles
- Tertiary & Post-Graduate Qualifications in Finance or related disciplines
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Client focus and willingness to invest in your own learning and career development
- The ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment
- Presentation skills