At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent Modifications & Projects within the Engineering Modifications and Projects team on site you will be responsible for leading a high performing team of Project Engineers in the development and execution of projects across BHP’s Central Pilbara operations. As the Lead Project Engineer, you will ensure the safe delivery of projects on schedule, within budget and in accordance with agreed project requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and regularly reporting on project progress, to ensure they meet key performance targets and are delivered in line with defined scope, budget, schedule and specifications
- Leading and coordinating a team of project engineers, while taking a proactive approach in the development and coaching of the team
- Effectively supporting all interfaces with project sponsors, participants and stakeholders
- Developing and executing larger and more complex sustaining capital projects in accordance with BHP capital processes and engineering standards
- Ensuring all technical and commercial risks are managed effectively
- Engaging with consultants and contractors as required
- Ensuring safety and environmental management plans are developed and implemented
- Liaising with operations and planning personnel to plan and schedule projects without impacting production targets
- Contributing to a safety orientated culture and ensuring the safety and quality of execution activities.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- A tertiary/degree qualification in Project Management or Engineering and/or Trade background (Desirable)
- +5years Project management experience within mining or heavy industry
- Experience developing, leading and enabling high performing teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A proven track record of safety management
- Demonstrated high-level negotiation and influencing skills to liaise and negotiate within internal and external departments and contractors
- Strong focus on Delivering results
- Sound commercial skills in managing suppliers, contractors and consultants to enable successful delivery of projects
- Minimum of C class manual driver’s license.
With this role you will be fly-in fly-out from Perth or drive-in drive-out from Newman on a 5/2 4/3 roster. You will be working in the Central Pilbara which covers the Area C and Yandi mine sites, including South Flank once it becomes Operational, which are located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Candidates must currently reside in WA or be willing to relocate to WA for the duration of their employment. A relocation package will be provided for Interstate applicants.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including; incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.