At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are currently looking for a Dewatering Technician to join our Auxiliary Mobile Maintenance at Area C. The role is fly-in, fly-out, from Perth to Newman, 2 weeks on, 1 week off, day shift only.
We are in a position where we are looking for diverse experiences to join our team. We are passionate about diversity in experience and the team and so we foster team building relationships for everyone in the department. We have strong focus on high performance, indigenous participation and gender balance.This is an opportunity for an energetic individual to work across a variety of equipment and situations. Maintaining and installing new dewatering infrastructure and pipework – installation of bore pumps, removing equipment for blasting, re-stalling equipment, monitoring equipment and water tables.
Partnering with experienced Technicians, you will be encouraged to grow your breadth of experience with full support. You will also contribute to continuous improvement projects in order to maximise productivity and safety outcomes.
Reporting to the Dewatering Maintenance Supervisor, additional responsibilities will include:
- Ensure conformance to the BHP Billiton Charter, Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations;
- Display an overriding commitment to Health, Safety, Environmental Responsibility and Sustainable Development;
- Report all incidents;
- Attend and participate in pre-start and safety meetings; and
- Participate in continuous improvement and non-conformance register process.
To be considered for the role we are seeking out the following skillsets:
- HR Class Licence;
- HRWL Dogging (DG);
- PMBWELD301 - Butt weld polyethylene plastic pipelines; and
- PMBWELD309 - Weld plastic using extrusion techniques.
Experience, skills and knowledge considered desirable:
- Exposure working in mining, experience working in a Dewatering Team considered advantageous;
- Experience working with hydraulics and understanding pump pressures and flows;
- Installation and removal production bores, sump/transfer pumps;
- Experience welding poly pipe;
- Operating heavy vehicles/machinery such as; loader, backhoe, tele-handler, semi-trailer; and
- Experience working with work management program SAP.
Our Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.