At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
We are recruiting Line Technical Specialists for Caval Ridge Mine Queensland. The team will be comprised of both FIFO and Residential team members.
Reporting to the BHP Operating System (BOS) Line Coach, these roles will provide both initial and ongoing coaching to Supervisors and the general workforce in the application of the BOS tools and methods, and work to embed a new way of working.
Your key deliverables include:
- BOS tools embedded among the frontline
- Continuous improvements in frontline safety, productivity, and cultural metrics
- Progress reports on implementation and other BOS tools
- Providing coaching to the frontline
We are looking for individuals that possess business knowledge, demonstrate excellence in leadership on a day-to-day basis, who are innovative with a bias to action, effectively influence others and have a strong ability to build capability in others and lead change.
To be successful you will demonstrate the following:
- The ability to effectively identify opportunities to increase value and eliminate hazards, waste and variability
- Strong problem solving skills with a collaborative approach to finding practical solutions
- Seeks diverse perspectives to gain fresh ways of seeing the world. Draws on options and solutions from across BHP, not just from one’s own area to solve problems
- Demonstrates ability to build the coaching capability of others (coach the coach)
- Ability to understand Mining/Production area
- Ability to engage with all levels of the business from frontline employees to higher level management
Although it is desirable that you already have CI experience, you will receive full BOS Immersion training to support your role and ongoing mentoring and guidance from experienced Coaches to ensure your success.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.