About Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapons, Ammunition & Protection.
RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capability to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection, and sustainment.
About the Team
You would be part of a small but very dynamic team. You would be working in the aftersales spares parts team for the LAND 121Ph 3&5B Contracts. Located at Redbank, west of Brisbane in the new state of art MILVEHCOE Facility Purpose Built to satisfy the demands of the Australian Army and other national defence forces.
About the role
The Spare Parts Interpreter role is to identify, and assist in the supply of parts to customers and Maintenance Repair & Overhaul (MRO) providers, specifically:
- Identification and validation of the spare part numbers through the effective use of a number of IT systems, engineering resources and drawings
- Receiving and processing quotations for the supply of spare parts and completing inventory transactions in SAP, including Intercompany purchases and sales orders, delivery notes and invoices, and liaison with our 3PL
As Spare Parts Interpreter, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Provide a centralised parts interpretation function for the Field Service Representatives and other stakeholders, using IT systems, engineering drawings and bills of material.
- Accepting and placing orders for spare parts and invoicing customers using SAP.
- Maintaining and Updating the In Service Support Data Base (ISSDB)
- Process and action Defence Web orders and quotation requests
- Assist in the stowage and identification of non codifed parts from the MRSL
- Soley responsible for the issue of parts for painting to RGM and the return RMMVA
- Warehouse inventory and stock control, in conjunction with our 3PL. Including yearly stocktake.
- Supporting the In-Service Support Manager to identify and address parts requirements.
- Using the Supply systems in accordance with relevant IT Security policies and system operations manuals.
- Liaison with customers, suppliers and third party logistics (3PL) companies on operational issues.
- Assist with the delivery of initial batch parts to the Commonwealth customer in support of the ILS team including arranging painting and packaging of specified parts with suppliers.
- Work side by side with warehouse staff in the maintenance of CMCA and all related paperwork
- Support the Spare Parts Manager in the ongoing refinement of the Supply Chain and SAP for the in-service support of vehicles and modules in service with the customer (for a period of up to 30 years).
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Experience with heavy commercial or similar vehicles;
- Sound experience in the supply of spare parts and use of inventory management systems;
- Sufficient technical knowledge to be able to access and interpret engineering drawings and other resources to identify relevant part numbers for Military Vehicles and modules/mission systems (including tippers, tankers, stores units etc.)
- Sound experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook and the Office suite of Products
What's on offer?
- Working in a great team and with exciting products.
- Opportunity for career development and further training.
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community.
- Opportunity to work on other major projects such as LAND 400.
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases.
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations.
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships.
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing.
Join an inclusive culture
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer.
If you are ready to take the next step, Apply Now!
Rheinmetall may use various recruitment and selection tools and techniques as part of our process, such as video interviewing, online assessments, face-to-face interviews and assessment centres.
The preferred candidate will be required to complete RDA’s background checks including pre-employment verification and national police checks.
Applications close: 28 January 2021
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please call Michael Bernard on +61438 833 043 and quote AU00267