|Location:||New South Wales, Newcastle|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
For more than 30 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
PRODUCT ENGINEERING SPECIALIST - Tomago
About the role
We are seeking a driven Product Engineering Specialist (Technical Communicator) to join our NSW team. Based at Tomago and reporting to the Product Engineering Supervisor, you will be the product specialist responsible for providing high quality information and guidance on technical issues, failure analysis and problems to internal and external stakeholders.
This is a full time permanent role, primarily based at our Tomago site working Monday to Friday, 7:30am – 4pm.
- Provide technical instructions and advice on machine and component issues
- Investigate product problems relating to service and engineering matters, machine operation and performance
- Carry out failure analysis on failed components, identifying failure cause and providing recommendations for resolution and associated component maintenance
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Trade Qualifications with extensive post trade experience
- High level of customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain successful working relationships
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills to effectively resolve issues in Caterpillar equipment
- Excellent communication and reporting skills (verbal, written and interpersonal),
- Intermediate computer literacy skills – MS Office, email, Internet based applications and mobile devices,
- Component Failure Analysis experience
- Knowledge and experience of CAT Diagnostic tools and CAT Information systems is highly desirable.
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme
- Company funded income protection
- Flexible work arrangements
- Purchased leave
- Discounted private health plan
- Fitness passport
- On-boarding and welcome day at our head office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028. Job Number: 878876.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.